In your own space, share your love for a trope, cliché, kink, motif, or theme. (Or a few!) Tell us what makes it work for you, and why it appeals to you so much. Talk about what you like to see in fanworks featuring that theme most. Feel free to include recs and examples!
Okay, let's do this alphabetically:Age difference
- 100% consensual and not underage. Angst
- I swear it's good for the soul.Arranged Marriages/Marriage of Convenience
- I like them when they turn real 😊♥️Aristocracy/RoyaltyAUs
- Of any type, coffe shops, college, modern, pirates, you name it. Bonds
- romatic, sexual, telepathic...Consent
- consent is sexysexysexyCompetence
- Yaass! Enemies to Friends to Lovers/Friends to Lovers
- I could read this trope a thousand times and not get tired.First times
- Not just the sexual kind. It can be the first time going out on a date, first time telling each other a secret, the first time reading a book, etc.Hurt/Comfort Historical/Period settingsMagical/Fantasy themes/Sci-fi Polyamory/Threesomes
- I say it's better to add one than waste time on played out love-triangles ;) Slow burn
- I'm all for the pining and the build up of a relationship, the pay-off is always wonderful.Soulmates
- There are so many ways this trope can be done, I specially like it when it's turned over its head.
I'm also a fan of horror and creepy settings.
Tbh there are many, many more that I enjoy, a lot
, like: found families, huddling for warmth, pining, topping from the bottom, up against the wall, tattoos, stranded or trapped together, snark, banter, etc. Oh, the UST, the pining, the angst! ;)